Increasing investments in intelligent solutions for the Energy and Utilities sector and the Smart Grid has meant that products and solutions need to be at the forefront of technological advancements in the various aspects of functionality, protocols, communication, hardware ruggedness and software processes.
EMaC consultancy services related to IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-104, IEC 60870-5-103, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus Serial, Profibus, ProfiNET and various protocols helps customers to define meaningful approach towards implementations, and in design and installation of Substation Automation Systems (SAS). This includes definition of features to be implemented in proposed product, platform identification, internal design suggestions which helps customers to off load and be free from specification of protocol specific technical details. Together with the extensive experience in engineering and development of SAS systems, EMaC can assist through the entire designing, tendering, engineering and commissioning phases.
Communication Implementation Consulting
- In general, there are two phases for implementation consulting.
- Road map identification of products based on its application and domain;
- Design and development stage which realizes the final product.
- EMaC helps its customers to go through both of these stages smoothly without troubling them with protocol related aspects.
Energy Automation Engineering Consultancy
We offer consulting services for system study, designing, engineering, installation, testing and commissioning of the Substation Automation system as per IEC standards. Furthermore we provide migration strategies for communication interfaces to ensure a seamless and cost-efficient integration to existing installations, which also includes SCADA and energy management connections. We offer services for different utilities such as Oil and Gas refineries; transmission and distribution companies and public grid companies based on IEC standards as follows:
- Interface Engineering
- Commissioning Strategy
- Generation Control and Synchronization System Design
- Site Survey and system study
- Substation automation system architecture design
- Design of Networking and communication
- I/O list and Tag naming convention
- Design of Control center communication as per Profibus, Modbus, ProfiNET, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104 and IEC 60870-5-101 standards.
- Specification of requirements for IEC compliant Substation Automation System and IEDs
- Data sheet and communication systems and sub-systems
- Kiosks and Mimic Mozaic Panel Design
- Ergonomic design of control center and control desk
- Modification requirements for existing station to comply the IEC 61850 standards
- Costing for the entire SCADA system